View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 08:05 AM
fusion600
PPCGeeks Regular

fusion600 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC QuickGPS - Locks in under a minute EVERYTIME...After LOTS of reading...

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdude View Post
what rom and radio are you using for this ??? I'm a bell touch user and it seems the only combo that works for me is a 3.7.10 radio and a rom NOT built on the leaked rom... I have been having a nightmare trying to upgrade to a 3.7.15 radio .... i keep getting error messages when I click on exe and when i do get the ruu to load it comes up with an update Image version of 0.0.0.0????? I abort the ruu when I see the 0.0.0.0..... Anyone on bell care to share how you got your radio to the .15 leaked version... My gps works great with the .7.10 radio and using an omj rom non-leaked version... I just prime gps with gps today or gps viewer and get great locks quite fast.... When i download a rom built on the leaked rom I just get flashing sats but no lock..... I would love to upgrade fully to the 3.7.15 radio if someone can tell me how they did it on there bell touch...
It is not a carrier thing. I am on Bell in Ottawa, and have upgraded 3 phones all the way through, and it has always worked out fine. No Tricks, no Secrets.

I have seen the 0.0.0.0 and just continued and it worked fine. Currently I am using a kitchen based Rom, SPB Mobile Shell with the Diamond theme and everything works Awesome. I haven't had a lockup in weeks.

I only use Garmin, TomTom and GMaps for GPS, never could get any of the others to work, but all I wanted was Garmin/TomTom.

I would Love to try IGo, however, I am not going to shell out more money for a Nav program without being able to try it first.

I suggest just go to the kitchen, download BuildOS, build yourself a Rom and try Google Maps (It's free). I know how frustrating this can be, I had a friend give me his phone to flash, because even after I "walked" him through it over the phone he couldn't get it to work.

Sorry there are no hard tricks in this post, but take it as encouragement that it Does work on Bell. Also, if you try it with TomTom, don't forget to use AstroGPSLauncher. I would say that TomTom gives me the fastest/most consistent locks of all, but I prefer Garmin.

Don't give up, it does work.....