View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 07:28 PM
[sammich]
Retired Moderator

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: software cab files: which one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebysoccer08 View Post
I have downloaded a whole mess of free games for my XV6800, and for a lot of them, there is just a mess rar, cab archives and exe files, and installing any combinations of them will not run on my phone.

Is there an easy way to tell which files to put on the phone to attempt to install without the "Not a valid PocketPC application" message?
Yea, run them on the PC first. Its faster that way. Then just sort them into folders, an install.
If you don't want to install the program on your PC using the EXE, use this:http://legroom.net/software/uniextract
Once installed, you can right-click on an exe installer, select extract here, and it will remove the .cab installers from the file. That way you can put it on your phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.