View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 02:13 AM
DogGuy
PPCGeeks Regular

DogGuy is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
DogGuy's OEM Splitter and Template Creator

Note: This is for developers. End users wont find much worth in it. If you aren't tinkering in the kitchen, you'd be better served not exhausting your eyes on one of my long winded posts. This is aimed squarely at the lazy ... erm... efficient developer. :P

Alright folks, I've finally put a lil' time and effort into this utensil of automation goodness, and have something worthy of being called an early beta. Woo hoo right?

For those who have not hung out in the chat enough to hear about what it does, the short verison is that it allows you to a) create an xml template containing information regarding files and their associated OEM packages, and b) iterate over a kitchen in an attempt to recreate the packages identified by the xml.

That made sense, I know it did. Here's a simple example to illustrate its use: If I were to create an xml template "6800SprintApps.xml", and include all of the standard Sprint apps (Telenav, Adobe, Java, etc) I could dump a brand spankin' new Sprint rom, and toss it through the splitter. When it comes out on the otherside OEMApps will have been turned from a mess of unrelated files, into beautiful new OEMs like "OEMsp_Adobe_Reader" and "OEMsp_Telenav" ... all ready for easy removal, replacement, or modifications.

My hope is that we can all start putting our time and effort into progress, not repetition. If you want to know more about what this does and how to use it, please read through the ReadMe... it's even been called "zany" so you might not hate it. Known issues, future plans, etc etc are listed there. If you find any bugs, or have any comments, suggestions, gripes, or praise, please feel free to let me know.

As an aside, the basic concept of this will be used directly in PrepIt.NET. Once this project finally starts to come together at a more advanced level, I'll get to work on that.

Download:
ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/Do...plitterApp.rar

or

http://makeitsmarter.com/files/folde.../entry448.aspx

Enjoy!

Note: The Splitter requires .NET 3.5. Yeah yeah... stop grumbling. I was playing with Linq, lemme alone.

- DogGuy

Last edited by DogGuy; 05-19-2008 at 02:20 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.