View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 09:00 PM
geekwad
Lurker

geekwad is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I hate my MOGUL!!! HELP ME PLEASE... THIS DEVICE IS GIVING ME A HEART ATTACK

I am running on the latest Sprint ROM 3.35. The 64Mb of inadequate RAM is the main problem with the Mogul. It is an inferior product and there is not a ROM upgrade in June or any other month that is going to increase the RAM!! It is like trying to run Windows XP with 128Mb of RAM or a 56K dial-up modem instead of DSL to cruise the Internet. It just won't work.
HTC failed to do their home work or it would have a minimum of 128Mb of RAM. With the chip technology today, it could have been done. HTC obviously only field tested the Mogul as a phone and not a Pocket PC running applications that need RAM. Furthermore, HTC failed to build in a memory manager that would reclaim no longer used RAM. Instead HTC allows it to just leak away, requiring constant soft resets. If I sound angry, I am tired of messing with this piece of junk. For those of you out there that think the Mogul is the best thing since sliced bread, then make me a handsome offer to purchase my Mogul and we will both be happy. The Mogul is very attractive with GPS and other nice features, such as slick graphics capability, but it just does not and will not ever have enough horsepower to run without constant human intervention (soft resets). It is time to bite the bullet and find something else in the future that works !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by geekwad; 05-19-2008 at 02:17 PM.