View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 01:08 AM
Journeyjeans
Regular 'Geeker

Journeyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Journeyjeans
Re: Battery life drains much too quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webby View Post
I mainly run internet explorer.
Hmm. I think your problem is that you leave the net connection on all the time even when you're not using it. Like, say you surf or stream for 30min, than put it down for an hour, than use it again for an 1, than put it down for two hours. An active or (even dormant) connection makes a big difference.

When you know you're going to be offline for more than 15 min, go ahead and use your comm manager to disconnect data usage. An even easier method is to go to the Reg Tweaks thread/sticky, and use the tweak to put the data disconnect button right into your EV box in your tool bar, so it's just like 2 clicks away.

I manage my connection, and my battery life has increased accordingly. I stream CNN at work alot, lol! Also, turn off the beam like has been said, and do the battery life tweeks too. Some say turn your backlight down too, but yeah, that sucks, and I only keep it one notch down from full, otherwise, it just doesn't look cool, lol!

If none of this works well enough for you, you may need to buy an extended battery.

~Jeans