View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 10:07 PM
rstoyguy
SuperNoob

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Duplicate Ringers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTinOC View Post
Sweet! found duplicates in a few of those folders. Thanks. However...new issue now...there is dups in the windows folder but I can't delete em. write protected? there a way to make them NOT protected?
They are cooked into your rom. It's tricky to delete the ones in \windows. Depends on your rom, files get copied from \windows to the appropriate directory with a file called initflashfiles.txt (in oem's), and all those get appended to initflashfiles.dat when you build your rom. It all depends on what rom your using. I delete most ringers out of my rom pre-flash and have made a custom oem to set my sounds, and copy the ringer/notification sound files to where I want them.

Edit: initflashfiles.dat is a text file, I would not do any edits to this file but I learned a few things viewing it. old_man_jenkins said that was a bad idea as he tried it....

Last edited by rstoyguy; 05-15-2008 at 10:14 PM.