Sogarth
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Sogarth is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glossman
What I'd like to suggest is, a process for completing this project. I've read the posts above, and I think everyone has an idea of what needs to be done. What I propose is a quasi-SDLC where each build is developed, QA tested by the members, then released as a "production" version. Many of the general requirements have been defined above. Perhaps a specification can be specifically written for the basic vanilla ROM. The spec would outline all known defects, and those defects would be addressed by our "ROM guys". These fixes could be compiled into builds once, maybe even twice a week. These builds could then be released and QA'd by the members en masse. As issues are found, they are submitted by a defect report thread for that particular build. These defects would then be focused on and addressed, hopefully in time for the next build. After the initial set of requirements are met, we would have our version 1.0. A new set of requirements would then be created for the next "release".

I know this sounds very structured, but it allows everyone to focus their resources on a common goal. The key to this taking place in a reasonable time period would be to have some members creating the spec for the next "release" while our ROM developers are working on the current one.

I would be willing to help coordinate this process, as well as compile the specs provided by the members, catalog defects, and create release notes.
Wow... just... wow. I hope you don't mind me saying this, but almost from the moment I started reading this, I'd have to say that it just screamed "project manager." There's just... something about it.