View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 07:42 PM
subhumanderelict
Regular 'Geeker

subhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to subhumanderelict
Known Sources of Memory Leaks

First off, in addition to addressing my problem below, I think it would be nice to have a thread where people can post the names of programs (or combinations thereof) which they know to be the root of memory leaks. As it stands, the threads seem rather scattered, and even the search function doesn’t make things much easier.

I’ve been noticing a memory leak on my Mogul (shocker, huh?). I’ll start up with roughly 24-24.5MB of RAM, but after opening and closing a few programs, I’ll drop down to around 16-17MB. Using Oxios, I can get this back up to around 22MB. However, by the end of the day, even after running Oxios, the most I can free up is 19MB. I am running the latest stock Sprint ROM and just recently performed a hard reset.

Back on my Q, Qtasks was usually the culprit which caused these leaks. I’m not sure what the equivalent on the Mogul is, if there is any. I’ve been reading about SKTools, anyone have anything good to say about that?

Here is a list of the programs I have installed pretty much exactly as they appear in the “Remove Programs” list (looking at this list, I’m surprised the thing runs at all…):

FTouchSL
Pointui Home (I don’t use this very often)
Oxios Memory
SomeGuy sMMS
Lokmeup IE Slow Scroll Fix
TCPMP
Skunkworks FlashVideoBundle
Sprint PictureMail Site Hack
JUVS HTC Network Plugin
PocketCM Keyboard 0.14
WMWifiRouter 0.91
HTC Album
Google Maps
CodyPPC Camera2
PPCGeeks UnlockPhoneHack

On a possibly related note, my phone will sometimes not vibrate or sound an alert when I receive a text message. I’ll go into the audio settings and make sure the right audio file is selected, but even then, all it will sometimes do is activate the screen without sound. Originally, I thought it may have something to do with the 1600 text messages in the “Inbox” and “Sent Items” folders, but I’ve had more in there before and didn’t have this problem.