View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 11:09 PM
schettj
morsus mihi

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Not a bad idea. I suppose if nobody else will, I could probably start up a wiki page (although it'd mean crawling through some of the really long threads I've already read... Crying or Very sad). Things being what they are, I'd probably need help from some other people to list what all of the true HTC-based issues are (as versus some of the OEM-based issues like anything to do with MS VC).
Short list I know of
(1) smart dialing broken (not speed dialer!, freeware replacement app available)
(2) ## shortcuts not working in stock phone app (easy workaround with shortcuts)
(3) still no BT PAN - Connection Sharing works for USB though
(4) wmodem app still in kitchen, only works for USB and IRDA not BT DUN (normal, probably could remove it from kitchen and just use Internet Sharing)
(5) some problems with .NETCF1 and/or contacts OLE interface (and other apps, apparently? Breaks contacts in Windows Live Search)
(6) USB Serial Mode for ActiveSync broken (unchecking 'use advanced networking ' option in settings/connections/activesync errors)

That's the list in mine, anyway, based on the "stock" Helmi_C 3.5 + USB fixes off the ppcgeeks ftp.

Nice to haves (ie, not broken, just would be nice)
Crossbow theme by default (not even in kitchen)
Several missing but standard (at least to me) registry tweeks for performance
Speed dialer button not in default phone skin

For me, the only killer in the problem list (and no different then 3.3) is no BT PAN or DUN. The .NET issue is somewhat problematic, as it is looking more like an OLE issue and less like a .NET issue - I've cooked up one w/o any NET in it, installed .net1.0 manually, and tied live search - same error. The USB Serial Mode workaround not working is less of a problem if you apply a registry setting to fix RNDIS to use smaller packets (I posted that one in one of the other 3.5 threads)