View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Nickles
Halfway to VIP Status

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: The Best "Real" GPS Navigation Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyjeans View Post
Thanks for the run through Nick! I have iGuidance right now, and I have the one click launch set up, and so that's cool and all...but I find it buggy in one way. As soo as the voice comes on, it glitches. Like, the speaker will pop, and then the voice will speak, or it'll happen at the same time. Plus, the menu system is not pretty at all. I LOVE the TTS, which is what I got it for, and the glitch I've gotten used to. It's not so bad, but...
I have the same exact one button setup with GPSgate, and mortscript for iGuidance.. and the EXACT speakervoice issue as you mention above..
as you, just learned to live with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninr6 View Post
The Mogul does not have enough memory to run iG08 with TTS voices. My rom Boots with 29MB free RAM, and iGO8 with with TTS will give me an out of memory error within 5 turns every time, and for those 5 turns its very slow at refreshing the map. I have yet to see a report of someone using iGO8 with a device with 64MB and have the TTS work, you need 128MB of RAM.

I am still on the hunt for some building files for iGO8, I have found a few but not many, and I have not found any 3dc files for North America, only 3dl.
Yeah, the only way i can keep igo8 up for an extended amout of time is if i do regular 2D maps with a regular non-TTS voice..
I think i found a couple 3DL maps for igo8 when i was hunting a couple weeks ago.. have you checked the 'usual' places?