View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 01:12 PM
kevank
Former Short Fat Chef

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to kevank
Re: dumb google maps question please enlighten me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokeurmnd View Post
So first of I heard from a guy a work that google maps is great so I got it and i enjoy it but it seems that when I read post about gps here that you guys are referring to actual "located" then drawn a route deal. Now I've only used GMaps to find stores near by. Am I missing the fact that it can let me know where I am even though i don't? Also give me a way to a bar near where I'm lost at? please correct me if I'm wrong and if not please let me know how to do these cool things. Thanks a bunch you guys.
Yes. Your mogul has a built-in GPS and google maps can utilize it to find your current location. First you need to is make sure you are on the Sprint 3.35 rom or one of cooked ROMs available via PPCGeeks. Then launch Google Maps and select Use GPS. It may take a while but it will find your current location. (Make sure your outside with a clear view of the sky for the first attempt.

Kevan