View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 06:21 AM
Journeyjeans
Regular 'Geeker

Journeyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Journeyjeans
Re: The Best "Real" GPS Navigation Software

Thanks for the run through Nick! I have iGuidance right now, and I have the one click launch set up, and so that's cool and all...but I find it buggy in one way. As soo as the voice comes on, it glitches. Like, the speaker will pop, and then the voice will speak, or it'll happen at the same time. Plus, the menu system is not pretty at all. I LOVE the TTS, which is what I got it for, and the glitch I've gotten used to. It's not so bad, but...

Basically, I was looking for another solution, so I got Garmin XT. Now, this is a pretty menu system! Simple, straight forward and visually appealing. I miss the TTS, but seriously, it's not a delbreaker...until you mentioned iGo8!

I was thinking of trying iGo because it looked pretty too (hell, what can I say, I appreciate the asthetics, lol), but didn't feel like loading up my card with Yet Another GPS map (it's 4GB, but still). But now I see I can get single maps? Hmm, guess I'll try for that and the TTS. Awesome breakdown again, thanks!

~Journey