View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 04:26 AM
JBabey
Halfway to VIP Status

JBabey is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
All of the extensive instructions and forum posts still have not made it entirely clear to me how to construct a proper OEM package for cab files that are more complicated than the one included in the example.

What I would really like (and trust me you guys have been more than helpful) is a much clearer instruction guide on creating OEM packages for the kitchen.

Example Questions i still have....

1 - what do i do with cab's that have files going into multiple directories

2- what exactly goes into the *reg* rgu file... the instructions from the word doc seem to be missing crucial steps there.

3- some of my cab files have a setup.dll .... what do i do with that, what should i name it... by looking at other OEM's i have been naming it the same name as the program, but is it even necesary.

4- what file tells the OS where to actually PUT all the files that are dumped into the OEM folder (reffering again to the multiple file paths from some cabs)

5- the free cab manager seems to drop files a little cleaner, but the ROM i build with those packages is messed... is there clearer instructions on how to build an OEM with that tool as opposed to wince cab manager?

6- can an OEM folder have multiple folders inside of it? i see lots of files in there on the FTP OEM packages and none of them have sub-folders... yet the free cab manager dumps file extraction into sub folders...

_________

What I think would be fantastic, is if everyone capable of making OEM to drop them up on the FTP w/ a readme on what the program is/does. That way there would be a HUGE pile of OEM for us to choose from without the complicated hassle of everyone duplicating work making the same OEM over and over again.

I also agree with the "bug fix" comment.... I hear about all the fixes.. some i know how/where to get, others im clue-less, and other times im not sure wich of the 3 resolutions is best and/or permanent once you cook a ROM.

anyways, take this as constructively as possible, I just wanted to voice out many of the concerns and questions other users have been talking about. I would also like to add on to the fact that I think everyone here is wonderful, and the time & effort put in by those that are succeeding at the "Kitchen" is incredible!

Thanks again, and I anxiously look forward to what this community can & will come up with!