View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 02:36 PM
gguruusa
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: which bootloader is best? Currently Running 1.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshepard View Post
I'm running Bootloader 1.00 and I'm trying to determine which bootloader is best. I've seen threads talking about 2.02 be requested and used the most. I've also seen what appears to be issue with 2.05, but I cannot tell which one is best to have.

I just upgraded to WM6.1 with the newest kitchen and didn't have any issue, however it seems my Program Memory is a little low, which prompts this question. From what I've read the bootloader advances seem to change the memory allocations for the program and storage locations but I can't tell for certain.
Changing bootloaders won't change your memory speed.
v1.xx is for G3 flash hardware
v2.xx is for G4 flash hardware

v1.00 has the biggest ROM partition, but lacks Vista compatibility in bootloader mode

v1.02/v2.02 are preferred because they can use either the standard bootloader or the NoID bootloader and are compatibile w/ Vista.

v1.04 uses the new bootloader.

v2.04/v2.05 use the new bootloader and have the smallest rom size.

As rom size goes down, program memory goes up.