View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 06:26 PM
hd2
PPCGeeks Regular

hd2 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I've spent too much time for nothing!

I have to tell you. I read posts and threads on here months before I bought my Mogul and I figured ok, it's just like a computer, you gotta spend some time on it to get it just how you like it and then you have a piece of equipment that you are happy with.

When I decided to upgrade, it was for the GPS. When it was working it was great. I could sit in my hotel room with Windows Live and find everything and every place. Well, while the data connection worked anyway.

Well, I downloaded Olipro 2.40 just like I read over and over. Then I downloaded the sprint Rom followed by dcd's Qwest Rom that says 3.0.4 but in EPST says it's dcd 2.3.2. Well the data connection would work for awhile and then not. My Mogul was flaky so I loaded the Sprint Rom again and I read somewhere where someone else had the same problem and you should let the customizations run so I did. Then I reloaded dcd's 3.0.4 that still says 2.3.2 and I still have trouble.

I didn't mind spending 30 or 50 hours or more setting this up the way I like it but it is just not working out. I'm to the point now where I will settle for the original Qwest Rom (which worked well) and pay 3-400 bucks on a gps. I know some of you guys stepped up to help out and you have and continue to help others. Seeing as I don't have the 50 posts to thank you that way, I will just say thanks to each of you for your help. Take care all and good luck.

Last edited by hd2; 05-11-2008 at 06:28 PM. Reason: By the way, I tried to go back to the Q Rom but could only find rar files that opened up that way. No RUU.