View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 05:43 PM
night_of_dreams
N00b

night_of_dreams is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Dangers of downgrading after installing GPS radio (and a little on signing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
Radios ARE device specific! I am speaking from a physical device level on all of this. Do not flash Titan radios on a Vogue! If i felt the phones were the same i'd make a model ID patch in the SPL as well, but they are different devices! As for the carrier, once you have your device as SuperCID which the unlocker simulates there is no physical limitation to using a radio from another carrier.

Now on the other hand the carriers do have customizations and they may not be set up correctly when using a new radio/rom, but that doesn't make the device more prone to unrecoverable device bricking which are the dangers i'm speaking of.
so does this mean as long as you stay on the touch radio, you'll be alright? I am asking this because this give me the impression that once I flash the radio, any radio, I won't be able to go back to stock at all given all stock roms at this moment are non-gps 1.xx versions.

And if in 6 months, those new gps-enabled roms are everywhere, there's really no need to go back to the 1.xx radios, this "problem" will not be any problem anymore, am I correct?