View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 08:25 AM
mswlogo
VIP Member
Threadstarter

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Bingo !!! I finally have assisted GPS whoohoo

After using the GPS quite a bit over the past few days I noticed since making the change to GPSMode=4 that it does not always get an assist. But since I'm confindent I can now get an assist I went back to trying the sprint IP address.

I waited for a COLD Gps start this morning to see how it works.

It locked onto my position with 0 sats very quickly. It was not using a cached position in google maps because it did move. Then 4-5 sats came on in about 30 seconds or less. This is Inside. It's not uncommon for me to get 4 sats inside but not this quick. This was one of the best COLD starts I've had inside.

I attached a MemMaid Registry script that changes both. If you don't have have memmaid you can just read it and manually update using registry editor.

I'll know better in a couple days.

Trivial to try but YMMV.

Update: I have consistently got an "Assisted" position (a position nearby with 0 Sats showing) with GoogleMaps in under 10 seconds inside or out.

Note: Setting AGPS IP Server (the suggested change) to Sprint Server may not help if your Carrier is not Sprint or possibly make things worse but it won't hurt to try it.
Note: It also won't help if your new GPS DLL's are not properly installed (read http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25407), using these settings won't hurt if your not using newest DLL's. If it doesn't help then I suspect you don't have the new DLL's or they are not installed correctly (Keep Trying).
Note: My GPSDaemonServer.DLL does NOT autostart even though I've enabled Unsigned DLL's. I'm not running KickStart and I find I don't need GPSDaemonServer.DLL running at all so I disabled the service using Memmaid by setting it to Manual. The OLD GPS DLL's required this server running and it did auto start for me. Strange but true.

Edit: I Added Second Registry Script that RESET's it to factory setting as well.

Last edited by mswlogo; 05-09-2008 at 04:40 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.