Old 05-08-2008, 06:18 PM
shorty82
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

shorty82 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Another RAM thread....

Well I can write down what I have done so far, but I'm not sure that it has helped much. I removed VCDaemon from my startup folder.

I did everything with a * without any problems, but some of the items don't have a * because I didn't have the file on my system.

*STOP ACTIVE SYNC FROM AUTO STARTING
1. DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL MEMMAID
2. GO TO "NOTIFICATIONS" TAB
3. LOOK IN THE LOWER SECTION AND THERE ARE 3 "REPLLOG" FILES (ACTIVESYNC)
4. ONE OF THEM WILL SAY "APPRUNAFTERTIMECHANGE" WHEN HIGHLIGHTED
5. DELETE THAT ONE (THE OPTION AT THE LOWER RIGHT SIDE WILL RESTORE IT ANYTIME YOU WANT)

DONE, ACTIVESYNC WON'T AUTOSTART WITH NETWORK SYNC AND YOUR NETWORK SYNC IS STILL ACTIVE.

I DID THESE FOLLOWING TWEAKS
1. WINDOWS LIVE=SELF EXPLANATORY
2. SQMUPLOAD=CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
3. OBEX(MOST OF YOU WHO HAVE BLUETOOTH DONGLES PROBABLY WON'T WANT TO DISABLE THIS)
4. DPT / DTPT (GOOGLE SEARCHING INDICATES THAT THIS IS RESPONSIBLE FOR SOME SORT OF DHCP ACTIVITY (KILLS INTERNET SHARING)
5. BTHIDSVC(MY BLUETOOTH HEADSET WORKS FINE WITH THIS MISSING, I'M NOT SURE IF ANY OTHER BLUETOOTH OPERATIONS ARE AFFECTED, AS I DON'T HAVE A BLUETOOTH DONGLE FOR MY COMPUER)
*6. SMSRETRY = THIS IS RESPONSIBLE FOR AUTOMATICALLY TRYING TO SEND MESSAGES IF YOU'RE OUT OF SERVICE OR ROAMING.

FROM HKLM\INIT I'VE DISABLED...

*1. PLAYSILENCE.EXE
2. UPTIMESQM.EXE(CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE)
*3. TIMEWIZARD.EXE / TIME SYNC (GOOGLING HAS SHOWN THIS TO KEEP THE TIME RIGHT AFTER A COLD BOOT[TAKING THE BATTERY OUT], HOWEVER, MY TIME SYNCS WITH SPRINT'S SERVERS)

My next question though is about those reg key's:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\FATFS\Cac heSize=?
This key is the size of the cache, but at the expense of RAM. So I'm not sure if it's better set to a very low number 1, 2, 4, 16 (my system ran fine at 16) so the system can't make it a larger number when it's manged automatically. To have it managed automatically it needs to me 0.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\FATFS\Ena bleCache=?

This has to be on for the system to even start using the cache. (The first key won't work)...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Filters\f sreplxfilt\ReplStoreCacheSize=?
This is a Filter but I'm not sure what it does and if it sacrifices RAM or HD Space, if it only uses disk space and it's better at a high number then I can make the sacrifice.

AGAIN ALL OF THIS IS FOR WM 6.1, I already know what worked on the old system but I'm trying to find out what works best on this one because I don't know enough about 6.1 yet. I hope this help other people that are new to 6.1.