View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 08:14 PM
Spencer_Moore
Halfway to VIP Status

Spencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Spencer_Moore
Re: I've got a bone to pick with YOU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaya View Post
Actually only with some of you.

I am sick of seeing my beautiful WM peers so desperately and anxiously trying to emulate the appearance of the iPhone UI. Honestly it makes us look pretty pathetic.

WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?!?!?!?

Changing a home screen to a launcher that looks like the iPhone home screen accomplishes what? Its just a launcher. We (WM Users) have alot of choices for excellent launchers. And our home screen UI can be SOOOOO much more functional, while still looking great, than any iPhone theme. Simply look at some of the home screens people have made using various tools like, Ultimate Launcher, SPB Products, Wisebar advance and many others. We have weather, launchers, Sportscenter, photo dialers, a plethora of plugins(yeah i said plethora), search bars, diaries and many other utilities on our home screens. IPhone has launchers. Period.

We DO NOT need to be "like the iPhone"!!! We can and DO more with our phones than the iPhone. We should promote our devices and stop taking steps back. Our UI can be MUCH MORE advanced.

So lets stop all this iPhone envy cuz really they should envy us.

disclaimer: it has a beautiful screen and great touch interface. I do envy that.
This dude is the man someone finnaly getting with the program...although i do c the want for an iphone for the common person....the people on this site r not common and neither our our phones. Thanks for saying what i did not have the kahunas to say