PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

henderjr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Internet sharing with work network to get to blocked websites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
wait wait, what operating system are you using? i wonder...
when you first plug-in the mogul or touch, it installs the drivers, and the OS identifies it as a LAN CONNECTION! At least in xp, and vista it does.
theoretically, if it does that, THEN you should be able to change preferences in internet explorer to the other lan connection.
The problem comes when you have two lan connections active at the same time, i wonder how the OS prioritizes which connection is the default.
I don't see how you can specify internet explorer to use one lan connection versus another. I'm on XP with IE 6. Should be IE 7 but we've been asked to wait a bit longer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by medinatwin View Post
Well if you used the "Wireless Modem" app, then its a dial up and you can use #777 and set that as default.
EDIT: Im talking XP and Vista drivers.
hope this helps
Late,
TWIN
I guess I'll have to look into the "Wireless Modem" app. Do you have a link or anything? Would I have better luck using it through a wireless BT adapter?
I don't even care to surf on restricted sites that much. It just that I hate being restricted. And I like to tinker around the system and find a way to do stuff. I think it's the whole rebellious/hacker type mentality that I would bet most people on here have.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ss.JPG (57.2 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ss2.JPG (38.3 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!