View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 02:22 PM
henderjr
PPCGeeks Regular

henderjr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Internet sharing with work network to get to blocked websites

I'm surprised I haven't found anyone else talk about this. I want to be able to get to facebook, myspace, youtube, etc. by sharing my phone (Sprint Vogue) on my work pc. Those sites are all blocked at work. I know I'm playing with fire but I'm a web developer. I'm supposed to surf.

Anyway when I hook my phone up and share I have successfully gotten it to work but almost always not. I think somewhere down the pipeline the firewall software my work uses has any requests for those sites point right back at localhost (127.0.0.1 or whatever it is) because it loads my default IIS screen (as well as a ping to facebook.com points to 127.0.0.1). I know I can change the interface metric (basically the tcpip priority) to prefer my phone over the other but then it breaks half of my work apps. So anyone have a thought? It'd be nice if you could specifiy a browser session to use a certain network connection or have a list of sites that you can specify to use a certain connection. Thanks for any thoughts!