View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 01:25 PM
Donatom3
Almost a VIP

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3
Re: An safer alternative way to get Rev-A/GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame808 View Post
Hello everyone.

1. You have activesync installed
2. You have a MicroSD card 128MB or larger available (preferably a spare)
I think it's good to clarify for people that it must be a MicroSD card it CANNOT be a MicroSDHC card. So it probably should read 128mb to 1gb (I forget at what size they become SDHC cards it might be 2gb). Use the 512mb MicroSD card that came with your phone and you should be fine. Very good instructions though. I've been using the memory card upgrade technique for a while since I'm running Vista x64, but all the RUUs run with x64 now except for the unlockers. Sometimes it'll fail, but you just do it again and you're fine. As long as a SPL update doesn't fail you're ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post
WOW- exactly what I was wondering! Actually I was wondering if I could revert to no2chem's 6.1 update which was very vanilla/Sprint like but with 6.1. Not that I don't appreciate the hard work of many customizers, I just prefer to select what things I put on my phone which may not fit in with what others use.
Remember whatever Rom you use has to be a rom for the 3.xx radios. So if it's a rom you used before upgrading to the new Radio it WILL load, but it WON'T actually boot. If you loaded a pre 3.xx radio rom you'll be fine because you can use this method to load another rom without the phone being able to boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterface7 View Post
so while i was updateing the VOGUIMG.NBH from the all tell rom i got a error message said update failed so it terminated. i continued and flashed the jd gps next but when i booted up it said no radio detected. any reason you know why i would get the error message during the flash of the alltell rom.

i have reflashed the stock rom for now
You need to reinstall the AllTel rom. If it failed it didn't finish. You need to do the alltel step again. One other safe way to update to the alltel rom once you've done the 2.31 unlocker is to take your memory card out, boot up to the rainbow screen plug in your USB cord, and now your phone should say USB at the bottom instead of Serial. At this point you can just run the Alltel update and it will detect the phone and upgrade.