View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 12:11 PM
mardukeme
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: GPS & standby mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
I might have figured out one way around this issue. I tried it this morning (after having my phone in standby for 8+ hours overnight), and I got a lock within a couple minutes on 5 sats in Google Maps.

Search here for BAF GPS Toggle. Its a Today screen plugin in the Titan forums. It basically adds a link on your Today screen that allows you to turn on/off the GPS drivers.

You can click it to turn the drivers on...while its on, DO NOT let your phone go into standby!!! If you're done using GPS, click on the toggle to turn off GPS, then you can let your phone go into standby. Then when you're ready to use it next, click on it again to turn it on.

Just do not let your phone go into standby if the toggle says GPS is on.

I don't believe this will work as a primer if you need one (like for iGuidance), but I haven't tried that yet.
Thanks, Mindfrost82 I will give a try but first I am going back to the 3.35 radio. I was able to hold a call better with that radio in fringe areas.

Also I want to clarify that when I use my GPS I usually do not let it go into standby mode. I only forced into standby mode to simulate how users who use GPS on their phones, then when done put the phone away. After a while the phone enters standby mode. Later throughout the day they want to use their GPS again, and can't get a GPS lock without doing a soft reset.