View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 01:45 AM
dishe
Halfway to VIP Status

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mogul youtube/myspace video codec?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
what's wrong with just using Vtap? It pulls in all the you tube video.
No it doesn't, at least last time I tried it.

Vtap recompresses the video, and its quality was gawd awful compared to the original flv hosted on youtube.

I think that whoever designed the application tried to make it more friendly on slower cpu devices with limited bandwidth. There's no reason you can't play a full fledged youtube flash file on a mogul with evdo.

Installing the flash video bundle mentioned earlier here is all you need to make it work. It sits on top of internet explorer and recognizes links to videos, and asks if you want to play, save, or email the video to someone else.
Best part is, it works with all the major streaming media sites: Youtube, Veoh, Google Video, MegaVideo, tvlinks, etc...

oh, AND since it is integrated into internet explorer, it will work if someone sends you a link to a video as well! No filtering or special application needed to find and launch video.