View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 10:25 AM
mswlogo
VIP Member
Threadstarter

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *Possible* improvement to GPS Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew.man View Post
The Vogue, in it's current hacked form, does not use aGPS.

You can completely delete that whole key out of the registry, and still get instant fixes - it wont make a bit of difference.

For a "geek" community, there are way too many people here that don't understand the difference between a cold/warm boot...
I wasn't so sure assist was working either.

After loading the newest Titan Radio ROM and learning a bit more (see sticky). The Touch is definitely using the "assist". You can tell when using Google Maps (NOT using COM port) that you get a rough position with NO sats first. This happens when Google Maps says "GPS Active (0)" and you see a blue dot and it starts to load maps all while still saying 0 Sats.

Your right about the params may or may not be effective and yes it will work with out them. I'm using the orginal IP and Port and Assist is working. I'll try disabling/deleting these params and see if I can get Google Maps to show it has an Assist position. It's hard to switch back to assisted mode once the Sats are cached.