View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 08:34 AM
nick aguas
Regular 'Geeker

nick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon xv6800 Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by goon55 View Post
Yea I kinda agree with you, but the issue with having verizon replace it is that you will get a refurbished one through the insurance. Frankly I think that's bull5hit. You spend $400 on a device and you would like to think that it would last, but even if it doesn't that they would replace it with another new one. Anyway, sorry to rant, but it took them sending me 3 broke *** refurbed envs before they would send me a new one!

Also, if you have "modded" your 6800, rom, radio, etc, be prepared to redo everything. fun fun. My screen has gotten worse as well. Any way you can put together a quick how-to on tightening the screen? And why didnt you return/replace your phone if the screen was jacked?
yeah, i relocked mine two weeks ago and sent it in for a refurb, but mine has no issues what so ever. maybe i just got the luck of the draw

but when i dropped it, the screen cracked, the keyboard became offset, and a few buttons did not work. i just wanted to replace the screen before i sent it in so insurance didnt get wise. as for the how-to, i replaced the screen back in january or early february and my memory's a bit foggy. i just remember looking around the phone and found the place the LCD is attached to the keyboard. no biggie. good luck!

Last edited by nick aguas; 04-29-2008 at 08:39 AM.