View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 11:49 PM
mswlogo
VIP Member

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
*Possible* improvement to GPS Fix

Getting a GPS Fix, as most of you know, can sometimes be a little slow.

My wife has a Q9C and there was a Hack to enable the "Assist" in AGPS.

But I noticed it used a different IP and Port than Mogul/Touch and it feels like the "Assist" is not working in these ROMs (lock is sometimes way too slow). One purpose of AGps is faster locks.

See http://www.everythingq.com/forum/mot...tml#post110752

See attached registry script. You can open it by hand and make edits by hand. Or use Memmaid to import it. It renames the old keys with the old values in case you want to change it back. Remove the .TXT extension if you want to use it as a registry script.

I'm not 100% sure if it's helping or I'm just lucky at the moment, but right now it's locking very fast in the house. But again that may be just luck and or caching.

If you try it please post results to help people decide if it worth trying. I'll post more data on it tomorrow.
Attached Files
File Type: txt RegistryExportAGPS.reg.txt (344 Bytes, 506 views) Click for barcode!