Old 02-14-2007, 11:00 AM
mysty
Lurker

mysty is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Palm Desktop (Mac) Memo app replacement

Hi all,

Once of the things I liked about this on my previous Palm OS based Treo was that I had access to all sorts of notes on both the phone and my home mac, which I used for passwords, health stuff, SW serials, everything..

Now my world is different - in an effort to keep it simple (and as my outlook calendar is more active), I'm using ActiveSync with my work LT. Could use macintoshpocketpc.com or missing sync for windows mobile for the mac @ home, but Im not.

If I use the notes feature on the 750v it will sync back to my work laptop Outlook main pst [edit: actually its the ost] file, which is then synced to the email server.

But - and its a big but for me - I don't want this stuff syncing back to the Outlook server (doh!). I'm generally erring on the side of paranoia - and tend to keep that kind of information on non syncing PST folders on my work LT, or in a truecrypt volume. FWIW, I think every LT user should be using treucrypt...

To get back on topic, ideally what I would like is some kind of Notes/memo app replacement that syncs with something outside of the context of Outlook. Nice to have would be free tagging support as well.

Does anyone with more than a few days WM5 experience have any recommendations?

TIA,

mysty

PS. Just coz I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they are not out to get me