View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 11:50 PM
mardukeme
Regular 'Geeker

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unbricking Vogue / and downgrading SPL

Edited *This will help those that are stuck at the HTC welcome screen and cannot get past it to load IMCokeMan's Unlocker.**
Edit by ImCoKeMaN: If you are stuck in bootloader (3 color screen) use titanexitbl or mtty (set 16 0 then task first and try these steps only if that doesn't work.

Apparently you can not use SDHC cards with this method, please use the 512mb card that came with your phone.

I have successfully unbricked my phone due to updating the Alltel rom to a non Alltel Vogue, before IMCokeman had released his unlocker an also have downgraded to the previous SPL version. I will shortly update this post with the How to instructions. I just need to retrace my steps.

I would first like to thank IMCokeMan for his help and unlocker.

I currently have a Sprint Vogue but I assume this will work for all versions

For those that had loaded the Alltel rom without the unlocker and have bricked there phone try this procedure to unbrick your phone.

1. First download IMCokeMaN's 2.31 Unlocker. http://rapidshare.com/files/11019074...r_MFG_2.31.exe
2. Extract IMCokeMan's unlocker

Previous SPL version was 2.31 current SPL version is 0.36

Edit by ImCoKeMaN:
Note: Steps 3, 4 and 5 should not be necessary, but step 6 is critical that it is a signed rom from your carrier

3. Navigate to the extracted folder and within the folder you will find the following file called VOGUIMAG2.nbh and rename it to VOGUIMG.nbh

4. Copy the file to a fat32 memory card, and insert it back into your phone, and place it into bootloader mode.

5. The phone should display Loading... let it sit there for a minute or so. It will not go past this screen, now reboot the phone.

6. Extract your official rom (Must be a signed EXE from your carrier, check here)

7. Navigate to the extracted folder and within the folder you will find the following file called ruu_signed.nbh and rename it to VOGUIMG.nbh

8. Copy the file to your memory card (less than 2gb and formated fat32) and insert it back into the phone and place it back into bootloader mode, and install the your Carrier's Official ROM.

I have attached the VOGUIMG.nbh file for those that are having problems.
Attached Files
File Type: zip VOGUIMG.zip (99.0 KB, 1854 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by ImCoKeMaN; 07-08-2008 at 04:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 26 times.