View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 09:01 PM
djlenoir
PPCGeeks Regular

djlenoir is keeping up the good workdjlenoir is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can some one help me please willing to Donate $20

It is really a lot easier than it seems. Once you have done it a time or two you will feel like a veteran and get carried away tweaking things like most of the rest of us.

So, with that said, here are a few simple steps to have you upgraded.

1. Install the latest official ROM for your device. If you have Sprint, then you can download the file here. The reason to do this is because the official ROM upgrades not only your OS, but the radio on your phone, which has proven problematic if not done with the official ROM.

2. Now upgrade the bootloader (the rainbow colored screen) to olipro-2.40 to unlock your phone and prepares it for the rest of the non-official stuff you will flash to it.

3. Finally, just pick one of the pre-made ROMs that other people on here have created, or choose to be a little more adventurous and download the ppcgeeks kitchen and "bake" your own ROM. Baking a ROM simply means that someone provides a basic core OS with only the most essential components included and then you pick and choose what else to include. You can find pre-created ROMs, meaning someone else decided what else to include and personalized it and provided it to the masses, from a number of folks on here. I will point out that the base that most of these folks are working off of is generally provided from either no2chem or dcd. Some examples of work that has been 'personalized' and offered as a completed ROM to the community come from NexVision, VetVito, Keystone and more if you just look around for them.

I would also check out this thread and this thread for more helpful information on flashing your phone.

Good luck and enjoy!