View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 02:59 AM
willieesco28
Lurker

willieesco28 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: easy internet sharing

Well the way I get online with my Mogul/Touch is by connecting to power vision thru the phone, and while the data arrows are present open up the internet sharing app and connect with the usb cable and via sprint pcs network. Once you do this you will see the phone say please check your usb cable at this point just simply plug the cable into the laptop and it will be recognized as Windows based Modem of some sort and you will be able to surf the net basically for free. But be warned this can render your phone unable to connect to the net even thru the phone if used too much. I only use it on occasions when I'm at work and wanna surf the net just to check somethings real quick. The way around ruining your powervision capabilities on the phone is to keep a couple of back ups on your storage card to restore the phone to a earlier point. Also be warned the sprint is way againist data tethering W/O a phone as a modem plan. So dont get data happy and start downloading 20 gigs of data in a month if you never used more then 1 or 2 gigs a month in the past.