View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Verix
N00b

Verix is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Kitchen Crew -- Cooking ROM Changes SPC Code

I'm currently a PCS Technician for a small carrier that has the PPC6700, and recently released the PPC6800.

The 6700, as we all know, comes with WM5. I decided to update to the Kitchen WM6.1. I went back the next day, only to see that the SPC code on my phone has changed. Then, I realized the SPC code is set by the carrier software. So, I reloaded my handset with our carrier software, but it's still not able to be unlocked for programming.

Now, I don't care that I can't unlock it, because being a technician, it's technically my job to screw up a phone, and try to figure out the problem.

However, you might want to make everyone aware, BY UPDATING TO THE LATEST KITCHEN WM6.1, YOU ARE RISKING NOT BEING ABLE TO PROGRAM YOUR PHONE IN THE FUTURE. Now, don't get me wrong, I love WM6.1 and the Kitchen in general, and I would use it on my personal phone, as I have no reason to have to reprogram my handset. But, if you're looking to do a number change at a future date, you do NOT want to cook your ROM.

If anyone has any questions that are within my control, and for testing on the PPC6700, I'll see what I can do. As mentioned, I'm a technician, and have access to hundreds of them for complete termination.