View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 04:05 PM
shorty82
PPCGeeks Regular

shorty82 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Mms Solutions

Has anyone had a chance to try and compare the different solutions for sending sprint picture mail, I see lots of threads about different solutions but nobody seems to have compared them to each other? Before my PPC (my old fashioned phone) I used to be able to take pictures and send them to other people, store / upload pictures to my sprint picture mail account, download / review pictures stored on my sprint picture mail account, and review sent picture mail messages. There has to be a way to do all of this from a PPC, but sprint is so advanced that they haven’t come up with any solutions yet. I have tried the following for everyone’s information.

1. SPRINTMMS (I believe that is the title or that what it's saved as on my HD): I believe it was a modified version of a Verizon application tweaked to work on the sprint picture mail servers. Worked for just sending messages, and sent messages could also be reviewed by logging into the sprint picture mail website. Stopped working because of sprint. Does it work now?

2. NueMMS: I tested this a couple weeks ago, but I don't believe it uses the sprint servers. I sent a couple messages but it took almost 24hrs until they were delivered, didn't seem reliable yet.

Does anyone know about any other solutions, or have any updates for the ones I have listed. I hate installing programs just to test and then uninstalling so I figured we could all put in what we know since I'm sure we have tested lots of different solutions. It would be great if we could come up with a real solution that could do everything the plain sprint phones could do for example take pictures and send them to other people, store / upload pictures to my sprint picture mail account, download / review pictures stored on my sprint picture mail account, and review sent picture mail messages. But anything is better than nothing right now.

Thanks