View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 01:48 PM
lifeissomething
Lurker

lifeissomething is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Uh, big problems.

So I had some problems. WM6 wasn't running very well. Seemed to me kind of like an overloaded acer notebook with vista. Got to the point where the damn thing wouldn't even take calls because it would simply freeze while it rang. So, I hard reset it. It's running a little quicker, but still being a little punk. So I think, well, I'll just reinstall the wm6 update and see if that helps.

I went to install the update... Went into bootloader mode, phone didn't really do anything to show me that it had... just restarted... I tried to remember if it showed me some screen or something before but really didn't think about it too much.

I ran the program, during the process the phone's backlight turned off. It says serial v 2.02. Activesync said the connection was lost. Then windows says the usb device was not recognized. Then I got a connection error from the install program. My phone says 'serial 2.02' and it won't come out of 'serial 2.02' even with a hard reset, and I can't install the program.

Certainly someone much greater and smarter than me can help me out?

Thanks a lot to helmi and anyone willing to help some fool out.

It's my only contact for the outside world, so, yeah, help would be appreciated.

Edit: Okay. I found the sticky about trying to force the thing out of bootloader mode... maybe there is something wrong with the connection? When I plug in the usb it flashes 'usb' as opposed to 'serial' for just a second, then it goes back to 'serial'.

Last edited by lifeissomething; 04-19-2008 at 02:30 PM.