View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 12:40 PM
badutahboy
Regular 'Geeker

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mogul, some questions from a noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by resq-comm View Post
ok, i know how to use the wi-fi portion of the phone, for web browsing and email. i was referring to the use of the wi-fi to make the phone a VoIP handset if you will. i know that the Blackberry Curve will do this, and i was told that the mogul will also work like this. here is my issue: i am involved in disaster response. we have a phone system that uses satellite to connect to the outside world through a secure internet connection, basically VoIP and internet through satellite. we have a secure wireless network network that we setup. there are a few users of the BB Curve and they are able to connect and use their handsets with their existing numbers. i was told that the mogul can do this as well i just can't figure out how.
I don't have all the answers for you, but i know you can install skype on the mogul.. the most current version doesn't work, but one of the older ones will... If you use a VOIP client besides skype, you're going to have to trial and error it... Mogul does not have a VOIP client built into it.