View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 03:49 AM
auto_exec
PPCGeeks Regular

auto_exec is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Re: New Screen Keyboard Concept

Wow, great recommendation. I just downloaded the 1.1alpha1 and let me tell you... I spent a couple of minutes just trying to get the keyboard to screw up and NOT show me the person I was looking (with my sloppy, fat-fingered typing)... and... it didn't work!! The keyboard figured it every time!

Very impressive app, at least after having used it for 5-10 minutes. It's great to have a keyboard that can take my input at light speed and still give good results. I also love that all the most-used options are immediately available after selecting a contact (mobile, home, SMS, email), and the addition of sending a GPS link is pretty sweet as well.

This app has just replaced PocketCM as my default contacts app, so that's saying something.

I'll post back if I run into any issues after extended use, but I'm sold so far.

Update- By the way, it looks like the memory footprint is also much smaller than PocketCM... I'm only seeing it consistently use about 200-215KB, and that's with looking up contacts, sending SMS, etc.... and it's really quick to start up, even when fully shut down... and with a name like "finger-friendly friend", who wouldn't love it??!? Hahaha, sorry.

Last edited by auto_exec; 04-14-2008 at 04:03 AM.