04-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Re: Gps starts does not run
Use QuickGPS to prime the GPS... it works much better for me. I have attached the files for you and here is the directions I put in another thread:
1. Download both files to your computer, then extract them.
2. Create a new folder called HTC QuickGPS and put all three of the extracted files (HTC_QuickGPS.cab, QuickGPS.exe, QuickGPS.reg) in the new folder .
3. Sync your Mogul and copy the HTC QuickGPS folder to your storage card.
4. Open a file explorer on your Mogul, other than the stock one in WM6. I personally use Resco File Explorer 2007 because it allows you to overwrite files, has a registry and FTP plugin, etc. Whtever you use, it must allow you to overwrite files.
5. Navigate to your storage card and then to the HTC QuickGPS folder you just copied there from your PC.
6. Install QuickGPS by clicking on the HTC_QuickGPS.cab file.
7. Click on the QuickGPS.reg file and you will be prompted wether or not you want to import these registry settings. Click Yes.
8. Copy the QuickGPS.exe file to the \Windows directory in main memory.
9. Open PIE, Opera or another app on your Mogul that opens an Internet connection (I did not have to do this for it to work, I presume that is because I use Activesync for push from my Exchange server).
10. Open QuickGPS and click the Download button.
11. Tap the X to minimize QuickGPS (you may be able to close it completely, I have not tested that yet).
12. Open your GPS app and be amazed at how fast you get lock, no matter whether you are inside or outdoors.
I hope this helps all of you having problems getting this installed. If you have problems or questions, feel free to post or PM me.
I'm rockin' out with an iPhone 5 (VZW), iPhone 4S (VZW), New iPad (VZW), iPad 3 (VZW), MacBook Pro Retina (2012), Mac Pro (2012), MacBook Pro (2011), 2 Mac Minis and 4 Apple TVs.
So if you have a question about iOS devices (iPhone/iPad) or OS X (Mac computers/laptops/servers), send me a PM.