View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 12:37 PM
bradynapier
PPCGeeks Regular

bradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Game and App Review

-----------------------------------------------
-- Game / App Review --
-----------------------------------------------
Hello and welcome to the largest compiled list of games/applications for the Pocket PC on PPCgeeks.com. I am working to upload as many games/applications as I can to make it easy for PPC users to download games/applications for their phones.

I got sick of searching the forums for every program I wanted. Yes, I could find them but I wanted a thread I could go to and find every game/app I would need for my phone. So I decided to do it myself!

Please do not discuss the games/applications in this thread! If you want to talk about them - please create a new forum or search for a forum that already discusses the game/application. We are trying to keep this thread as low-clutter as possible!

If you have a good recommendation that is not showing up on my list of games/apps then Private Message it to me and I will get it up and reviewed!

---------------------------------------
News / Thread Updates
---------------------------------------

Update: I have now included links to the page number the game is reviewed at to make it easier to find specific games!

Update: I have included brief descriptions of each program on the front page for easier navigation. I have also listed if the program/application is free for those who are looking for a quick list of free downloads.

-------------------------------------------
Games Listed In This Thread:
  1. Ages of Empires (Page 1)
    Entertaining RTS game popular for the PC/Mac.

2. Arvale: Journey of Illusion (Page 1)
    Simple RPG for the PPC.

3. Arvale II: Journey Through Time (Page 1)
    Simple RPG for the PPC second saga.

4. Bejeweled 2 (Astraware) (Page 1)
    The classic cell phone game where you shift jewels to create combos. Addictive!

5. Bomber Man (Page 1) FREE!
    Cheap remake of the old classic, Bomber Man. Lay bombs to destroy enemies.

6. Bust'Em 2 (Page 1)
    Breakout clone.

7. Call of Duty 2 (Page 1)
    First Person Shooter remake of the console-popular Call of Duty 2.

8. Dope Wars (Page 1) FREE!
    Evolved from your calculator comes Dope Wars for the PPC.

9. Frogger (Pay and Free) (Page 1) FREE!
    Arcade game where you hop across busy roads and rivers to make it to the finish.

10. Kevtris (Page 2) FREE!
    Tetris Clone.

11. Machines at War (Page 2)
    One of the most popular Real Time Strategy games out for the PPC.

12. Monopoly (Page 2)
    Buy and sell property to beat your friends/computer in this exciting tycoon simulation.

13. Pocket Mini Golf 2 (Page 2)
    One of the best Mini Golf games for the PPC.

14. Pocket Snake (Page 2) FREE!
    Snake for the PPC. Crawl around, eat apples, get bigger, next level.

15. Sand Game (Falling Sand Game) (Page 2) FREE!
    Sand falls from the top of the level. Draw lines to stop it and create your own works of art in this addictive free PPC game.

16. Sim City 2000 (Page 2)
    Sim City 2000 remade for the PPC. Become the mayor of a new city and watch your creation grow to a huge metropolis!

17. Snood (Page 3) FREE!
    Snood is a game where you shoot weird little faces upwards to clear the level. 3 in a row makes them fall down! Free version available, pay for more features.

18. Spb Brain Evolution (Page 3)
    Train your brain with this awesome and addictive game from Spb Software House!

19. Morph Gear (GBA, SNES, NES, Genesis, GBC) (Page 3)
    Play thousands of games that are familiar to you from years ago on your PPC. Morph Gear is one of the most stable emulators out there (not to say it doesn't have it's own little problems).

20. Tiger Woods PGA Tour (Page 3)
    A stunning golf-simulation game that has found it's way onto many consoles. Play golf and advance your professional golf career in Tiger Woods for the PPC.

21. Tomb Raider (Page 4)
    Play as Lara Croft. The PSX game port to the PPC.

22. Handmark UNO (Page 4)
    The classic card game, UNO on the PPC!

23. Warfare Incorporated (Page 4)
    Another fun and addictive RTS for your PPC.

24. Warring Nations (Page 4)
    Risk type of game for your PPC!

25. Worms, World Party (Page 4)
    Take control of army worms and destroy your opponents using a ton of cool and crazy weapons in this awesome arcade game.
Applications Listed In This Thread:
  1. PocketRAR (Page 4) FREE!
    Open ZIP and RAR files directly from your Pocket PC.

2. SpB Finance (Page 5)
    Keep track of all your finances and become a more responsible person.

3. Sprint Navigation (Page 5)
    For GPS-enabled phones, get turn-by-turn directions and never get lost again.

4. Dashwire (Page 5) FREE!
    Clone your PPC onto your computer. Any pictures you take are automatically put onto the site. Your contacts automatically update and are backed up. Awesome program and worth a try!

5. 1-Calc (Page 5)
    Calculator software which is very powerful and offers tons of cool and exciting features. Worth taking a look!

6. Finger Friendly Friends (Page 6) FREE!
    Sick of using your stylus to type in a friends name and navigate through your contact list? FFF is the most powerful finger-friendly contacts solution I have run across! You can even send your GPS location via SMS. Pay for extra features.

7. Spb Screenshot (Page 6) FREE!
    Take a screen shot of your PPC screen.

8. Softkey Changer (Page 6) FREE!
    Change the bottom left and right keys on your screen easily and change what they say.

9. VetVito's Custom ROMs (Page 6) FREE!
    Custom ROMs that will upgrade your phone's look and feel. A must!

10. TouchPal Keyboard (Page 6) FREE!
    Another favorite of mine. For when you don't want to have to open the keyboard every time you type a message. A powerful "touch friendly" keyboard.

Last edited by bradynapier; 04-14-2008 at 05:33 AM.
This post has been thanked 44 times.