Old 04-07-2008, 11:17 AM
Brera
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Brera is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Brera Send a message via Yahoo to Brera
Re: My Vouge is CDMA..w/ a GSM housing :0)

Check the first post for a sad happening :0(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red49er View Post
So how do you like the smooth plastic feel to the rubberized Vogue feel? I've always preferred my rubbery vogue to the feel of the Mogul, but I haven't touched any of the GSM Touch housings.
I like this plastic one so much better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primenall View Post
Yeah I was hoping to see some also, and wondering if there are any camera issues.

Because on the Cdma version, the camera self-protrait disk is offset to the left compared to the gsm version that has it right on top.

So Brera....does the camera fit in the housing correctly and take correct pictures that aren't tilted ???
Didnt really check the cam orientation, I honestly NEVER use my cam. Sorry buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riironman View Post
since you have it in the gsm case..will the extend batteries fit?
Extended batteries should fit no problem.

As Far as step by step instructions go, it was kinda trial and error, but this is pretty much what I did:

Remove housings from CDMA touch

Removed buttons (power,cam,volume slider)

Remove board.

Removed plastic screen from CDMA front housing (with touch screen ribbon attached **BE CAREFULL TO NOT BEND THE COPPER TIPS!! This ribbon does not "un clip" at the white boxing on board, the ribbon simply pulls out**)

Set screen and touch screen ribbon (including green/red/dpad hard keys) into new GSM housing(you have to RE-adhesive the border of the screen into the housing..super glue is fine..but thin coats,so you dont have overrun onto the screen)

Carefully re-insert ribbon

Remove earpiece speaker from CDMA housing ,place into GSM cabinet. Be sure to face the gold prongs the correct direction or you will not beable to hear through this device correctly!

Manipulate button arms (power, cam) to fit securly into new GSM middle housing (arms must sit flush into cabin so the board will be allowed to sit flush as well

*heres where the rigging starts!*The volume sliders arms will not reach the volume tab in the new casing, either you lose function, or you can do as i did and glue "extensions" onto either the slider or the actual key (recommend the slider)

Take your CDMA board and shave it down,stopping half way down the gold stripe that lines the board(do not shave completely through the gold liner) on the left hand corner, top, and right hand corner. *This allows the board to now fit correctly into the GSM cabinet!

Match up the new GSM cabinet (middle black housing) and board.
Using a burning kit (I used a pencil tipped woodburner), cut away at any plastic that stops your board from sitting flush. Be sure to smooth and flatten the burned areas, extra and burned plastic can build up ,creating new bulky areas.

Reassemble phone. (Make sure screws are tight,but because of over tighting and stripping)

Turn on and test!!!!!

I hope this helps.... is the scale tip worthy? Im not sure, but I guess I'll find out!