View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 05:28 PM
tjdavis
Lurker

tjdavis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Re: going from 6.1 back to 6.0

The main things that tend to cause my ROMS to lock my phone up are the today screen add ins. I always have problems with them. I want many of the features they have, but in the end I usually have to remove them because of phone lock ups or fast battery drain. It's been trial and error for me. I don't think its a problem so much with the ROM, but with the applications and the xv6700 itself. I have friends that have the sprint version of the 6800 and it is much smoother than 6700. I have sent 2 xv6700's back to Verizon since I purchased it and have gotten refurbs back. I will never go back to the original ROM. It seems much buggier to me than any of the new ROMs. My only suggestion is to limit what you include in your ROM build to only those things that are absolutely necessary, especially today screen add ins. I have also had problems with Navigon (eats battery power), Windows Live Search, Google Maps, and most of the HTC today screen apps. Without these I have managed to keep a fairly lockup free xv6700 running. Hope that helps.