View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 02:43 PM
gambatte
Regular 'Geeker

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can't turn on Data connection (wm6.1 w/the kitchen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
After I setup exchange active sync, the Data connection button works again. Just wondering, if I didn't use exchange active sync, how do you turn on the Data connection ?
I've got 6 running and I can only turn off data connection with the 10 button com manager. So you set up exchange active sync? Is that different from AS on the phone? I have sync set up already but no way to turn on by button. I do: Start>Settings>Connection Tab>Connections>add new modem connection (to make a cellular connection, I think the Verizon number is #777). Once you have made the connection, go to manage existing connections, tap and hold selected connection with stylus, and connect option should come up.

Edit: Just checking my phone and data connection was already there so just go to manage existing connections first. I made a dialup connection to my ISP with the new modem connection selection.

Yes, this is much more difficult than WM5 where you could click the phone icon, I think, and start the connection. I don't have unlimited data plan so I don't coonect very often!

Last edited by gambatte; 04-05-2008 at 03:12 PM.