View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 04:53 PM
bitbrat
N00b

bitbrat is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: going from 6.1 back to 6.0

You know I don't think you're the only one with a problem - there are all these posts where everyone says they are so happy, and it's working great, and they give props to the guys - and this is all good - I am way thankful for everything I have ever learned on this site, HOWEVER,

I get treated like I must be some n00by idiot, because I am insisting that I have a problem with the new 6.1 BuildOS and the ROMs it builds - it doesn't matter how many times and how many different combinations, but I still get a ROM that locks up, a phone that won't wake from sleep, and random features that just don't work, not to mention the threaded SMS that si so slow i can't imagine anyone wanting to use it - so clearly there are some 6700s that are not the same.

I am not some dumb n00b, I used to build/rebuild notebook PCs, now i work mainly on lasers and automated lighting systems and their controllers - so i am a techie - claerly we are stuck together in the minority - best of luck.

BTW If anyone ahs any thoughts about this, feel free to chime in - I am very frustrated right now, as I am sure valvecrusher is too....

<edit> you know, just hold that thought... I am taking colonel's advice and flashing back to stock to see if that helps at all.... I'll update you

AJ

Last edited by bitbrat; 04-05-2008 at 01:12 AM.