View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 04:06 PM
dishe
Halfway to VIP Status

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Bluetooth Problem in Car with New Rom

Sony XPlod BT Stereo FTW!

Supports high quality A2DP, can initiate connect without touching the phone (WM still doesn't do this to most headsets/receivers. This is one of the few exceptions that can initiate from the stereo), and is the easiest installation since everything is in the head unit.

Only problems- the mic is in the headunit, so you have to sort of yell at the dash board when making calls. Personally, I use it mostly for music and bring a headset when I'm planning an in-depth car call. Otherwise, the built-in BT is good enough for a surprise call.

Best part- the whole thing costs a bit over $100 (for the BT2500 model that I have) and took me about 20min to install myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
Can you help me locate the other threads on this because I can't find them. This is the most annoying issue ever. I have to disconnect my phone from the adapter in my car everytime a call comes in so my bluetooth can pick up the audio. They definitely made a mistake here.
By the way, we should be lucky it ever worked the way you wanted at all... my older GSM Nokia's had great music features, but would only connect to one "external audio" source at a time. So, as you're seeing here, when a headset or audio adapter was plugged in, BT was completly disabled. And when I had a bt headset on, no sound would come out of the adaptor. Sucks, but its a common flaw from manufacturers.

Last edited by dishe; 04-03-2008 at 04:08 PM.