View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 01:46 AM
K4el
PPCGeeks Regular

K4el is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to K4el Send a message via MSN to K4el
New user some questions i didnt find with search.

I recently activated a vx6800 and ditched the pocket pc i was using so i wouldnt have to carry both a pda and a phone.

I don't regret the choice for a second but visiting these forums I have quickly found that i have alot to learn. So i have a few questions that ive not been able to answer from browsing or searching.

1) The difference between a smart phone and a ppc. Are smart phones everything that is not windows based?

2) The architecture (both hardware and software) of the phone. What stores the info about my service carrier(and where)? Where do ROMs come into play compared to the operating system. Basically i can't figure out the boot up process, what comes first etc. I just don't feel confident enough to start trying to flash a new rom. ( i can't afford to mess this phone up)

3) http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9927 this thread is really helping me though. I'm reading through it and learning. Are there any other MUST READ threads i should see?

4) the majority of the stuff i've read seem to be sprint based. Why is that? Does everyone have sprint as a carrier or are you all using sprint's software?

5) WM 6.1 will verizon be upgrading?

I'm very eager to get on board and figure this out. I really want to change the dialing screen to make the buttons larger so i can dial with out my stylus. Its a start.

Last edited by K4el; 04-03-2008 at 01:49 AM.