View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 04:31 AM
PapaDocta
Regular 'Geeker

PapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to use NBHextract.exe and NHBgen.exe

say you want to extract the OS from an official shipped released and then flash it to your phone (note your phone should be unlocked before flashing) here is the steps how to do it..

1. get NBHextract.exe and NBHgen.exe.
2. create a folder (anywhere you want) let's create one in C:\test_rom (any name you want)
3. download any shipped ROM you want (hutch, Sprint, Bell, or etc) and extract the content of the shipped rom. copy the RUU_signed.nbh file to the C:\test_rom folder.
4. open the command line (start menu>run>cmd) and go to the folder you create (cd C:\test_rom)
5. type NBHextract.exe RUU_signed.nbh it will now extract the content of the ruu_signed file into 4 parts ( 00_SPL.nb, 01_MainSplash.nb, 03_GSM.nb, 04_OS.nb) in this case we'll take the 04_OS.nb.
6. create a simple text file and type the following:
VOGU100 <=== model of the device
HTC__029 <=== CID
1.12.470.1 <=== version info
USA <==== Language
400,04_OS.nb <=== header info

now save the text file after you inserted the above info (without the <=== and text after it) and name it anything you want.. in this example i named it file.txt
7. still in the CMD (command prompt line) type NBHgen.exe file.txt and hit enter.. now it will convert the .nb to nbh and it's now ready to be flashed to your phone..

8. use http://rapidshare.com/files/88767429/RUU.zip.html and put the new nbh file to flash..

hope this helps and special thanks to ImCoKeMaN for his help. i have tried it on Bell's rom and flashed it to my phone without a problem.

i attached the files along with the file.txt.

p.s i haven't seen this posted anywhere here so i posted.. and also this would apply if you want to extract the radio by itself and flash it.. just change the last line in the text file from 400,04_OS.nb to 300,03_GSM.nb..
Attached Files
File Type: zip NBH.zip (37.6 KB, 321 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by PapaDocta; 04-02-2008 at 04:35 AM.
This post has been thanked 8 times.