View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 03:18 PM
JimSmith94
Halfway to VIP Status

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tethering with the new ROM

I had ICS working on my 6700 when my cable Internet died. It died again today, so I tried ICS on my 6800 running DCD 3.0.1, and no go. In the registry, Extension=rilphone.dll was already removed and MaxCMConnectRetries was already set to 0. In Internet Sharing, I have PC Connection set to USB and the only pulldown for Network Connection is Sprint PCS.

A couple times I was able to see the Status go from "Check USB cable connection" to "Waiting for Network" to "Connected" for only a couple seconds, but then it goes right to "Disconnected".

I think when I did this on my 6700, my PC found a new USB network connection and configured it automatically. In Device Manager, I don't see anything like a USB network adapter now, should I?

Obviously my PC Internet connection is working now or I wouldn't be posting, but I'd like to be prepared next time it goes out. Am I missing something, or is there a complete tutorial on ICS somewhere?

Last edited by JimSmith94; 03-21-2008 at 03:33 PM.