View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 12:06 PM
dereknjenny04
Regular 'Geeker

dereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to dereknjenny04
How To Change the Boot Splash Screens

This how to will allow you to change the boot splash screens.

Download the attached file and unzip to a folder ( assuming C:\splashtool for this tutorial )

There are 2 images you can change. The first image is displayed with all the versions, etc.. and then the second.

Find 2 image files that you want to use and resize them to 240w x 320h. I have done in both JPEG and BMP format.

1. ) Once you have those 2 files, copy them to the C:\SplashTool\ folder.

2. ) Open the tool nb_image_converter_859_418_826.exe and press the "Load..." button to select the first image from C:\splashtool\.

3. ) Click on the "Save to .nb" button and save the files as 01_MainSplash.nb. It should produce a 150Kb .nb file.
*** Files should be saved in the C:\Splashtool\ folder.

4. ) Repeat for second image, but name it 02_SubSplash.nb. If you forget to rename, you can always just rename later.

5. ) Run "MakeBootSplash.bat" This will generate a RUU_signed.nbh file that you can flash.

***** This will hard reset your device ******

I found the tool "nb_image_converter_859_418_826.exe" over in XDA. Not sure who developed it, but many thanks to whomever it was.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MakeBootSplash.zip (63.4 KB, 374 views) Click for barcode!

like my work: donate a buck

Last edited by dereknjenny04; 03-21-2008 at 12:11 PM.
This post has been thanked 13 times.