View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 07:28 AM
blisk
PPCGeeks Regular

blisk is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Speed up my Mogul

Before i returned the mogul for the touch, i flashed to custom firmware to see how it helped (and then promptly flashed everything back to the defaults). While its risky it worked out fine for me, the boot loader you load before so long as that goes well prevents you from bricking your phone. Just make sure you do the bootloader back to default on warranty/returns. No2chem's firmware worked extremely well.. my phone was definitely quite a bit zippier... and unlike a couple other roms i tried I didn't have any issues with data connecting and stuff like that. Plus its 6.1.. the threaded sms is kinda nice.

If you're still within 30 days you can exchange, which is what i decided to do as i don't type alot, and don't need wifi. Its definately a trade off though. GPS and rev A i can wait for... and if it never comes I'll do a bluetooth gps. I'll probably do a post to help those deciding between the two and explain my reasons.

Speed wise.. double the ram had a huge affect on my phone. But in your situation (assuming past 30 days or touch isn't for you) No2chem's rom is definitely worth a shot if you're willing.

Last edited by blisk; 03-18-2008 at 07:33 AM.