View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 05:25 PM
AZTimT
Lurker

AZTimT is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [5-6-12]Tinkerbell's 29022 Titan Rom TBN 39.98 [Verizon/Sprint/Cricket]GPS Toolse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Hello AZTim! Download and work through the steps in the toolset:

Tinkerbell's Titan Toolset v1.23

Just follow the steps and you will have a working GPS in no time. Enjoy.
Thank you so very much for the link and your help! You are a (Titan) lifesaver! I was able to download and go through all the steps just fine.

Funny, but maybe helpful true story: Having not done this on a vzw phone before I made a silly goof after using the toolset exactly as instructed. I did not get the gps to actually work while I tried two of your roms and dcd 3.2.6 as well as radios 3.42.50 & 3.42.40 before I realized I had not changed the location setting to location on instead of 911 in the phone settings menu. I should have remembered this from 2008/2009 when I was fluent in all of this on my mogul, yet once I got everything working, I never had to mess with it since then. I was getting frustrated still not having gps after a full day of messing with it, when I finally remembered what the little compass rose with the diagonal line through it meant on the phone dialer. Now my visualgpsce shows satellite signals similar to this:

BTW, your rom in the toolset appears to be an earlier version than the one on the first page. The splash screens make for excellent eye candy and 6.5.5 seems to be a very interesting rom, but I was having keyboard multi stroke issues with both versions I tried. I went back to the simple old trusty dcd 3.2.6 I have used for over 5 years with no keyboard issues. However, I kept the splash screens and your bing/opera/spb accessory pack for the best of both worlds. This allows me to do everything to meet my rather basic needs of speedy relatively bug-free phone, fast internet, working gps for google/bing maps and basic texting, with the bonus of good looking boot screens.

Thanks again and let me know if there is anything file wise that you others need for these phones. I still have quite a collection of stuff I have gathered for the titan over the years... roms, radios, bootloaders and plenty of utilities.
This post has been thanked 1 times.