View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 06:38 AM
lnando84
I BLEED GREEN!!

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84
Re: How can I update if I'm using Synergy's Infected ROM, Edvo RLS-1??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touche' View Post
Is it even possible? I just can't stand this ROM anymore, and i thought if I did an update, it would bring me back to stock. I originally rooted, because I wanted the free hotspot, but it is no longer working. A little up, but no down. Ever.

Is there any way to do this?
Yeah bro it's def possible!! Sounds to me like a new rom will breathe all kinds of new life into your 3d!! I ran the same synergy for the longest time cause of stability but since switching to android 4.0/sense 3.6+, I haven't looked back!!

First thing you should to is run a backup of apps/data and contacts/sms/call history if that sort of thing is important to you(I use my backup pro). Maybe running a nandroid backup isn't such a bad idea right now, just in case, either.

Then you'll need to find a rom you'd like to use..(don't worry if you can't narrow down to one, they're not hard to flash so you can try a few). Just make sure it doesn't require any special requirements such as new hboot or firmware. Once downloaded move the new rom zip to the root of your sd card.

Reboot into recovery(while device is powered off, hold volume down and power, in bootloader screen select recovery). Preform a factory reset/wipe device from the menu(most new roms have option to wipe device before install but just in case). Then also from the menu select install, navigate to the rom zip and install it. Once it finishes and reboots you should be all good to enjoy your newly flashed rom!!

Just be sure to do alil homework before hand and read from others to see whether wifi tether is working or not. I can vouch that it's working correctly on Viper3d's rom (android 4.03, htc 4.1) Only thing not working is 4g and 3d. (you can tho view previously recorded 3d pics/videos!!) If you need any links to a super wipe tool(for wiping device) or any roms let me know!!

Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by lnando84; 12-12-2012 at 06:43 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.